There is a very useful journal for professionals in NZ building industry, namely “BUILD”.
As a architectural designer I often refer to this journal to check design detail and have learnt a lot from it because its articles are very easy to understand.
For example, NZS3604, which provide all construction & design detail of timber residential buildings based on Building Code and the the bible for builders and designers, is very hard to understand, but BUILD can explain the same things step by step in a lot clearer way than NZS3604 with lots of nice drawings like below:
(Images from BUILD wbesite by BRANZ)
These images explains how to design bracing for residential building.
NZS3604 describes the same things but, believe me, BUILD is much easier to understand.
Although you may not be a professional in building industry it can be very helpful to have a look at their articles if you are interested in building a new home or house renovation.
Thanks for reading!!
- Qualification: Degree of Architecture Studies and Graduate Diploma of Psychology (University Of Auckland) ; 2nd Grade Cad Technician (Japan)
Family: Extremely lovely wife, wonderfully kind mother in low, awesomely hardworking chickens, surprisingly lazy cat and unbelievably naughty dog.
I love architecture and design so much that I have been to so many buildings and places around the world such as Sydney Opera House in Sydney, CCTV building in Beijing, Empire State Building in New York, Royal Palace in Bangkok, Houryu-Ji in Nara, etc. However, the residential building attracts me the most. For nearly 10 years I have visited heaps of local and historical homes around New Zealand which I feel the builders’ great workmanship as well as occupants’ life.
From this experience my aim is to design and provide the comfortable and affordable houses with the spirit of Japanese workmanship that people enjoy and improve their quality of life.
In this blog I write my everyday experience of work to show what is a designer’s work and how it goes at Japan Homes.
Any comments or questions are very welcome.
Please let me know!
Other articles from this author
- The Way We Work 仕事のこだわり2018.11.18Study Meeting For Apprentice Builiders & Site Managers 18/11/2018
- Site Work Progress 工事進捗2018.11.03Lot 1 & Lot 2 10 Glenfield Rd Are Ready For Open Home 03/11/2018
- Site Work Progress 工事進捗2018.10.28Updates About Current Construction 28/10/2018
- Site Work Progress 工事進捗2018.10.13Updates About Current Construction 13/10/2018