My article about home renovation is on the 267 edition of Gekkan NZ, the most common Japanese free-paper journal in NZ.
In the article I talk about home renovation and pick up a few very important things for those who are thinking about buying an old house and “do up” including:
- Dont buy a closs-lease property (you might need a permission from the other owner for renovation)
- Check signs of waterleaking (if the roof/wall is leaking it can be a very costy for fixing)
- Check if exterior cladding needs to be extensively repaired (you might need to get Building Consent for the repair)
I also mention some key points for old house renovation. For example, you might want to think about changing the existing bath to a new Japanese Style bathroom.
If you can read Japanese and have a chance to grab this magazine, please have a look at my article.
Thanks for reading.
- Qualification: Degree of Architecture Studies and Graduate Diploma of Psychology (University Of Auckland) ; 2nd Grade Cad Technician (Japan)
Family: Extremely lovely wife, wonderfully kind mother in low, awesomely hardworking chickens, surprisingly lazy cat and unbelievably naughty dog.
I love architecture and design so much that I have been to so many buildings and places around the world such as Sydney Opera House in Sydney, CCTV building in Beijing, Empire State Building in New York, Royal Palace in Bangkok, Houryu-Ji in Nara, etc. However, the residential building attracts me the most. For nearly 10 years I have visited heaps of local and historical homes around New Zealand which I feel the builders’ great workmanship as well as occupants’ life.
From this experience my aim is to design and provide the comfortable and affordable houses with the spirit of Japanese workmanship that people enjoy and improve their quality of life.
In this blog I write my everyday experience of work to show what is a designer’s work and how it goes at Japan Homes.
Any comments or questions are very welcome.
Please let me know!
Other articles from this author
- The Way We Work 仕事のこだわり2018.11.18Study Meeting For Apprentice Builiders & Site Managers 18/11/2018
- Site Work Progress 工事進捗2018.11.03Lot 1 & Lot 2 10 Glenfield Rd Are Ready For Open Home 03/11/2018
- Site Work Progress 工事進捗2018.10.28Updates About Current Construction 28/10/2018
- Site Work Progress 工事進捗2018.10.13Updates About Current Construction 13/10/2018