top of page

PAUP: Minor Unit Is Possible In Single-House Zoning

Hi All,

In Proposed Auckland Unitary Plan (PAUP) if your land is in Single-House zone you may not be able to subdivide it or build another new home if the land is less than 1,200m2

However, if the land is more than 600m2 you can:

1 Build a minor unit dwelling (60m2) in your land

2 Make a part of the existing house another dwelling unit (30m2)

Building a minor unit is a lot cheaper and faster than subdivide and build a new home so actually a very good investment option if you think about rental income.

Please let us know if you are interested in this option.

(Please note that PAUP has not been fully determined yet. It is said to be operative in October)


Proposed Auckland Unitary Plan (PAUP)ではシングル ハウス ゾーンでは、敷地面積が1,200m2以下ですと基本的に土地分割も別の住宅を新築する事もできません。


1 グラニーフラット(Minor Unit:総床面積60m2以下)を敷地内に建てる

2 既存建物内に別のユニット(Dwelling Unit:30m2以下)を増設できる。




Amazon Okuchi

JAPAN HOMES LIMITED Email: Phone: 0800 00 5055

Please visit us at our showhome: 31A Atkinson Papatoetoe Auckland

4 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page